June 4-9/21 Online
When Brenda and L.J. first told me about this group, I was hooked and thought “this is something that I can do with little or no effort”. When 100 women can get together for about an hour every few months and raise $10,000 for a local charity, it is a no brainer. The last recipient was the Orangeville Food Bank and the funds are being used to purchase extra milk for the clients, yes milk. I encourage all women in Dufferin to take part in this group. Together we are better !
The 100 Women Who Care model works because the charity could walk away with $10,000+ that night.
Local Women = Local Impact
In Person Events
Events start promptly at 7:30pm.
Registration opens at 7 pm
*Members are expected to bring a cheque or cash for $100 to each event.
Please do not fill anything in the “Payee” line of the cheque as the recipient will be decided at our event. Cheques will always be dated on the same date as the meetings.
Have you submitted your Membership Commitment ?
Members Unable to Make it to an event ?
If you are unable to attend our event, you can do one of two things:
1. BEST METHOD: You can send in a blank, signed cheque or cash with a trusted friend or another member to the event.
The surrogate member will then write in the name of the charity that is chosen on the cheque and give it to the charity representatie on your behalf.
2. There will be a Proxy Ballot for those women who are unable to attend a event. You can give another member authority to vote on your behalf as long as they present the completed form AND a cheque or cash for $100 on your behalf.
Please note the Spring 2021 event is online, please see Timeline below.
How Will This Work?
- April 27th – May 11th – Nominate a charity, (as always, a charity may self nominate). Click here to nominate your charity
- May 11th – Nominated charities will receive a charity application to complete by May 18th
- May 19th – May 25th – Charity applications will be reviewed to ensure all criteria has been met
- May 26th – 3 random charities will be chosen. (A link to the live random draw will be sent out to the membership and posted on Facebook).
- The charity chosen to speak will create a 5-minute video presentation and submit to 100+ Women who care no later than 5pm on June 2/21
- June 4th – June 9th – All members will be able to watch the 3 presentations on-line at their own leisure and cast their vote. A link to the presentations will be sent out to all members with valid email addresses along with instructions on how to cast your vote. Deadline to cast your vote is 5pm on June 9th. By casting a vote, you agree to submit your money to whoever the winning charity is regardless if your charity did not win
- June 9th – Winning charity announced
Guidlines Nominate a local registered charity.
- Charities must be in existence for at least 12 months and have their registered charitable number for at least 6 months
- 100% of monies, if received, would be used to support residents of Dufferin County
- Charities must fill out the Charity Consideration Application prior to random selection (this will be emailed to you).
- Charities must provide individual tax receipts directly
- Charities must apply on their own behalf
* The 100+ Women Who Care Dufferin executive reserves the right to exclude a nominated charity if we feel; we need more information, have questions, or if the charity does not meet our guidelines.