2020 Meeting Schedule
May 25/20- Postponed due to Covid
Sept 21/20- Cancelled, new fall meeting to be announced
November 2-5, 2020 Online
When Brenda and L.J. first told me about this group, I was hooked and thought “this is something that I can do with little or no effort”. When 100 women can get together for about an hour every few months and raise $10,000 for a local charity, it is a no brainer. The last recipient was the Orangeville Food Bank and the funds are being used to purchase extra milk for the clients, yes milk. I encourage all women in Dufferin to take part in this group. Together we are better !
In Person Events
Events start promptly at 7:30pm.
Registration opens at 7 pm
*Members are expected to bring a cheque or cash for $100 to each event.
Please do not fill anything in the “Payee” line of the cheque as the recipient will be decided at our event. Cheques will always be dated on the same date as the meetings.
Have you submitted your Membership Commitment ?
Members Unable to Make it to an event ?
If you are unable to attend our event, you can do one of two things:
1. BEST METHOD: You can send in a blank, signed cheque or cash with a trusted friend or another member to the event.
The surrogate member will then write in the name of the charity that is chosen on the cheque and give it to the charity representatie on your behalf.
2. There will be a Proxy Ballot for those women who are unable to attend a event. You can give another member authority to vote on your behalf as long as they present the completed form AND a cheque or cash for $100 on your behalf.
Fall 2020 Event
How Will This Work?
- Now – October 5 – Nominate a charity, (as always, a charity may self nominate). Click here to nominate your charity
- October 6 – Nominated charities will receive a charity application to complete by October 13/20
- October 14 – October 21 – Charity applications will be reviewed to ensure all criteria has been met
- October 22 – 3 random charities will be chosen. A link to the live random draw will be sent out to the membership and posted on Facebook. The charity chosen to speak will create a 5-minute video presentation and submit to 100+ Women who care no later than end of day October 29/20
- November 2 – November 5 – All members will be able to watch the 3 presentations on-line at their own leisure and cast their vote. A link to the presentations will be sent out to all members with valid email addresses along with instructions on how to cast your vote. Deadline to cast your vote is midnight on November 5/20. By casting a vote, you agree to submit your money to whoever the winning charity is regardless if your charity did not win
- November 6 – Winning charity announced
We realize that these are uncertain financial times for many, so to help accommodate this, we will be accepting donations for the winning charity from each individual, including members who were previously on a team. Previous team members will be placing their own individual vote. A minimum donation of $25.00 is required, however, we completely understand if you decide to temporarily withhold your donations for the time being.
With that being said, we will be suspending our membership policy with regards to fulfilling your commitment to donate at each meeting, for the rest of 2020 and will not be sending follow-up emails for collections.
We hope that you are as excited as we are to help these charities in need in such un-certain times. When we come together and collectively give to a local charity, we are making a positive impact. We are all in this together!