How Does It Work?
- Each Member/team commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year Membership Commitment Form
- Any member or non-member may submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization for consideration up to 3 weeks prior to an event
- Each nominated charity will need to fill out a Charity Consideration Application
- 3 organizations will be randomly chosen and notified 1 week prior to the meeting
- The three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has signed a Membership Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will donate $100 directly to the organization receiving the most votes. (cheque or cash only)
- The selected organization will receive the group donation of potentially $10,000 or more that evening.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the charitable organization.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to either mail their cheque or cash (within 1 week) or give her cheque or cash to another member to deliver on her behalf.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Dufferin area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at future meetings.
- A successful organization is eligible for future consideration after 1 year.
- Ties will be decided by further votes.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes or where required by law.
- Each meeting will open with a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.