How Does It Work?
Why I joined 100 Women Who Care
I joined “100 Women Who Care” simply because it is a brilliant way to raise a substantial amount of money, in a short period time, for a good cause. With so many charitable organizations doing good work in our community it is hard to decide where to put my charitable dollars and where my donation can make the greatest impact.
Meeting quarterly the night is pretty straight forward. I get to listen to three presenters from three different registered charities explain their cause and reasons why I should support their charity. Everyone in the room casts their ballot, votes are counted and the charity with the most votes receives a very generous cheque at the end of the evening. An amount of money that will make an impact.
It is an enjoyable evening out with friends, an opportunity to meet new people, learn about local causes and make a difference in my community. Definitely worth my time.
- Each Member/team commits to donating $100 per meeting, four times a year Membership Commitment Form
- Any member or non-member may submit a Charity Nomination Form to nominate an organization for consideration up to 3 weeks prior to an event.
- Each nominated charity will need to fill out a Charity Consideration Application.
- 3 qualifying organizations will be randomly chosen to and notified 1 week prior to the event.
- The three randomly selected organizations will make a five minute presentation about the organization to the group and a Q&A session will follow.
- Each member who has signed a Membership Commitment Form and who is current with her donations may vote (by ballot) for one of the three organizations.
- Each member will donate $100 directly to the organization receiving the most votes. (cheque or cash only)
- The selected organization will receive the group donation of potentially $10,000 or more that evening.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the charitable organization.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization agree to make their donation regardless.
- Members who are unable to attend a meeting are expected to either mail their cheque or cash (within 1 week) or give her cheque or cash to another member to deliver on her behalf.
- Organizations under consideration must serve the Dufferin area and provide individual tax receipts directly to contributing members.
- An organization not selected at one meeting may be submitted again at future meetings.
- A successful organization is eligible for future consideration after 1 year.
- Ties will be decided by further votes.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes or where required by law.
- Each meeting will include a five minute update on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used by the successful organization.