Can I join 100+ Women Who Care Dufferin?
To sign-up as a team, each member must complete a Membership Commitment Form on which she will indicate how the $100 donation will be distributed between each member of the team. There is a maximum of 4 people allowed on one team.
As a team you are allowed one vote, but all members can attend meetings.
How is the charity organization chosen?
A member or non-member may submit a charity nomination form up 2 weeks prior to a scheduled meeting. The charity will be asked to fill out a Charity Consideration Application.
At random, three organizations will be selected 1 week prior to a scheduled meeting. The charity representatives will give a five minute presentation as to why the organization should receive the donation and then spend about two minutes for Q&A. The membership will vote on the charities to determine who will receive the funds. One team = one vote One individual member = One vote
To nominate a charity submit a Charity Nomination Form to the Executive no later than 2 weeks prior to the scheduled meeting.
What organizations are eligible for consideration?
- Charities must be registered charities with a charitable number
- In existence for at least 12 months
- Provide direct service delivery in Dufferin County
- 100% of monies, if received, would be used to benefit Dufferin residents
- Charities must fill our the Charity Consideration Application prior to random selection.
A charity can be nominated as long as it has not been a recipient of the group’s donation in the past year. The exception is a specific program within a large organization (for example, a specific department or program within a hospital), which may be considered again within one year for a different program or department.
Are Donations Tax Deductible?
Absolutely! Only registered, not-for-profit and charitable organizations will be sponsored by the group.
Cheques are written directly to selected charitable organizations and not to 100+ Women Who Care Dufferin at each meeting. Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the organization after they’ve donated.
Can I send the Donation to the Charity on my own?
The goal of 100+ Women Who Care Dufferin is to make a large donation on behalf of the whole group. We want to be able to support this endeavor and provide a substantial amount at one time for a cause! We also need to be able to track your donations so that you get credit for the donation and remain an active, voting-eligible member of the group.
How long do the meetings last?
Can I bring a guest?
Of course, the more the merrier. You are welcome to bring a friend or two and let them see what it’s all about. Guests are free to observe and contribute a donation if they would like. In order to vote, she would need to sign a Membership Commitment Form to become a member.
Charity Representatives: How to Prepare to Present your Charity?
The presentation should be no longer than five (5) minutes. It should include the following information:
- What is the name of the organization?
- Where is the organization located?
- What is the mission of the organization?
- What purpose does the organization serve? (Who do they serve? What do they do? How do they do it?)
- What direct service does your organization provide Dufferin County residents?
- How will the funds be used in Dufferin County?
- What other sources of funding does the organization have?